I am a clinical supervisor qualified in the use of the Hawkins and Shohet Intergrative model of Supervision which looks at both the relational and systemic aspects of client work. This model can be used with counsellors or those working in other professions. It offers a developmental approach to meet supervisees, whether qualified or in training, at their present level of experience and increase reflective practice. The supervision I provide allows you to view the client relationship from many different perspectives that may have been previously hidden.
Although supervision is a formal working relationship, I aim to deliver nurturing and supportive sessions in a safe space where issues, anxieties, achievements can be explored to increase confidence and efficacy.
My supervision sessions encompass the following —
- A developmental function which encourages better understanding of the client, reactivity, relational dynamics, reflexivity, education and interventions.
- Resourcing which looks at counsellor self- care, distress, resilience, burnout and compassion fatigue.
- A qualitative function which focuses on the quality of the supervisees work, ethical issues and accountability.
Supervision sessions can be planned in line with your personal requirements and those of your professional supervisory body.
- Initial 30 minute free session
- £50 per 90 minute session and an additional £20 for each half hour thereafter. This includes any references or reports that may be required for universities, accreditation etc.
*Please note – appointments at grasscroft are an additional £10 due to room rental charges*
Supervision sessions are available at Mindsense Therapy Rochdale, my home address at Shawforth and the Apollonia Dental Surgery, Grasscroft.